Compose a 2250 words assignment on how does swinburne respond to the problem of evil and is his response successful. Needs to be plagiarism free! Swinburne argues that having the freedom of choice on our destinies and those around us is a remarkable authority we enjoy as humans. This should, by default entail happiness and peace on earth because everybody wants to be happy, however, it is so not the case. He states that this freedom of choice ends up putting a lot of other humans and animals in considerable pain. The existence of pain and suffering is a rather popular argument against the existence of God.While moving on further with his argument, Swinburne admits that justifying evil on whatever grounds shows insensitivity to human suffering, but it is a responsibility of a believer nevertheless to come up with an argument because his belief in God would not hold any ground otherwise. Hence, in a moment of contemplation and reason, any believer must be able to answer this question of the existence of evil. Swinburne warns that (showing his sensitivity to people who are suffering) although it is an inevitable task to reason evil, it is also important that these things can’t be argued in the state of passion, not in a sermon for example. It is also crucial that we approach this subject objectively and not relate ourselves and our lives to it.He comes down what would be the basic pre-requisites of a good life on earth bestowed by a good God, and answers first by worldly pleasures. Swinburne then introduces the ‘deeper good’ and hence starts building his argument of the spiritual wisdom of greater good against the corporeal sensation of pleasure and pain.In the field of spiritual goodness, God would give us the sense of responsibility and ‘a share in his own creative activity’ and the catch would be that we ourselves will have to work to these ends of the transcendental good and this necessitates evil.Swinburne then differentiates between kinds of evils. He says that the lack of comfort and opulence is not the cause of evil, because God as big as a creator he is, can always create more.
Compose a 2250 words assignment on how does swinburne respond to the problem of evil and is his resp
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.