Create a 6 pages page paper that discusses freud and levi-strauss’ explanations of the roles and positions of women in kinship structures. You must discuss TWO or THREE texts and make clear what parts of Freud and Levi-Strauss’ theories you are using. Introduction Oedipus the King and The Hours have different stories that unlock the mysteries of traditional flaws. The two stories are considered as the best novels of Sophocles for Oedipus the King and Michael Cunningham for the Hours. The two stories will be tackled in this paper as their contextual framework base on the roles of women will be explored. With such purpose, the present paper will be significant in terms of using the psychological and socio-cultural basis of the two famous contemporaries (Freud for the latter and Levi-Strauss for the former) whose disciplines and theoretical concepts will be used to reflect for the ageless literature of Sophocles and modern literature in the advancement of the 21st century of Michael Cunningham. Jocasta’s role in Oedipus the King Jocasta has been troubled with fate that brought her family and the whole land into nuisance. Jocasta became the wife of his own son, Oedipus. Jocasta could not bear the truth and felt shame based on what happened to her situation. She killed herself after knowing the truth (Johnston 2007, 63). She felt being humiliated by faith. Women’s Roles and Relationships in “The Hours” The movie has three main characters whose lives are interestingly similar with their life experiences and struggles in life. The three women only differed in the set of time and separated with the span of decade (McCarthy 2002, 39). Woolf, who is primarily emphasized in the novel, wrote the Mrs. Dalloway novel in London in the early 20th century. Therefore, the story of the Hours contributes in covering Woolf’s “Mrs. Dalloway” novel (Spohrer 2005, 113). This would mean that Cunningham (2008) has reviewed and evolved the novel of Woolf by generating two characters (Laura Brown and Clarissa Vaughn that overwhelms the personality of Mrs. Dalloway and the author itself. The role of Virginia Woolf in the story illustrates her psychological illness of depression which results to her suicidal tendency situation (Holden 2002). She was a writer who inspired the other two protagonists (Brown and Vaughn) in the Hours story with the life of Clarissa Dalloway. The protagonist in the novel of Woolf has been found to fell in love with a woman who may have experienced identity confusion. The confusion of Clarissa Dalloway resulted to her inability to express herself and freedom which may have influence her to cut off her life. Mrs. Dalloway is a representation of Woolf to herself as she was confused and worried not to live a healthy, normal life. She has been anxious by thinking how his husband’s life could be ruined with her illness. Hence, she was afraid that her role as a wife whose succumbing for the pain of mental illness will also make his husband suffer, which made her to illogically tabulate herself to death like Mrs. Dalloway.
Create a 6 pages page paper that discusses freud and levi-strauss’ explanations of the roles and pos
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.