Provide a 1 page analysis while answering the following question: Seminar inCriminology Discussion 4. Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide. An abstract is required. Law Discussion 4: Criminology Question When the police go beyond the required use of reasonable force and use excessive force they usually receive a lot of attention from the public, media, criminal courts and politicians. In most cases it always results to loss of the public’s trust in the police. In the event of making an arrest, dealing with rows and dispersing uncontrollable crowds, there are laws that each state locates to avoid citizens from becoming victims of the police. In 1970s, the rate of use of extreme police force was known to be unbearably high. However, in the mid-1970s, the U.S police departments in most states started coming up with policies that were restrictive when it came to issues related to use of extreme force. After this period, the use of force reduced when the police were dispersing crowds during riots or human rights groups and activists on strike.Question 2From the study that I selected on police use of force, there are several findings that Langston and Durose established in year 2011 regarding the use of police brutality and their behavior on streets and highways. On page 21, the study shows that the percentage of persons stopped in table 12 and 13 increased when the persons were stopped for no reason. However, despite being stopped for no reason, table 12 shows that 9.0% of the police behave appropriately. According to Langston and Durose (2013), persons who were stopped from any other reason, only 3.9% of the police behave appropriately. In table 13, the rate of people who reported that they thought excessive force was used and rated at 3.5% (Langston & Durose, 2013). The findings in the study show that there was a drop in instances when the police used force in 2011. This is a drop compared to the 1970s, when there were more instances recorded where the police used a lot of force.ReferenceLangton, L., & Durose, M. (2013). Police behavior during traffic and street stops, 2011. NCJRS. Bureau of Justice Statistics, 2-21. Retrieved from http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/pbtss11.
Provide a 1 page analysis while answering the following question: Seminar inCriminology Discussion 4
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.