Provide a 12 pages analysis while answering the following question: CRITICAL REFLECTION ON THE EFFECTIVE CARE MANAGEMENT OF A PATIENT WITH CHEST DRAIN FOLLOWING A STABBED WOUND AT THE RIGHT SIDE. Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide. An abstract is required. However, the cases of hemothorax and pneumothoraces have dominated the list of recent nursing care emergencies resulting chest injuries as observed by Mowery et al. (2011, p.513). As a senior nurse in the ortho/general surgical department, my healthcare team is bound to encounter such medical emergencies. On the other hand, it is of paramount importance to have relevant expertise in the aforementioned ortho/general surgery portfolio so as to keep an excellent edge in offering the required leadership and professionalism in nursing emergency care. For that reason, this module provides an ideal opportunity to learn and internalize the approved medical manoeuvres in the management of patients with chest drain that has caused pneumothorax. The knowledge will enhance my professional development, nursing competency, clinical exposure and personal confidence in handling similar chest drain cases in the future. This paper focuses on experiential reflection on the effective nursing care management of chest drain patient with pneumothorax with reference to the analytical application of Gibbs Model 1998 (Nicol 2012). Accordingly, the chronology of this reflection examines the details of the case, the resulting personal feeling about it and the professional sense drawn from such clinical experience. Objective application of this model enables the learner to acquire practical insights that will go a long way to improve the fidelity of the portfolio as well as her professional performance in the relevant medical department (Gibbs 1988. Oelofsen 2012, p.22). Case Summary The simulation hitherto involves a 50 year old male patient brought to the ortho/general surgery department with a stub wound on the right side of the chest. From clinical diagnosis, the patient developed chest drain from the stub penetration which has consequently caused pneumothorax. Based on the facts that the chest injury was penetrative with no medical history of spontaneous pneumothorax, this clinical emergency could be classified as open traumatic pneumothorax as reiterated by Sharma and Jindal (2008, p.35). This is the situation at hand for which the medical team seeks to apply the best line of care and treatment to stabilize the patient towards full recovery from traumatic pneumothorax. Reflective Nursing Care Management for Chest Drain Patient Description of what happened The patient presented at the hospital with chest injury sustained from an apparent stub wound.
Provide a 12 pages analysis while answering the following question: CRITICAL REFLECTION ON THE EFFEC
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.