Provide a 7 pages analysis while answering the following question: Advantages and Disadvantages of the Lender Of Last Resort Function. Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide. An abstract is required. The financial safety nets have two important elements and they are the deposit insurance schemes and the central bank (Landau and Lindgren 27).The central bank provides the extension of credit to the financial institutions that are experiencing financial difficulties and they are incapable of obtaining the required funds elsewhere (CentralBanksGuide.com 1). In other words, the central bank becomes the last option for financial assistance when the other sources of finance are depleted. The major task of the lender of last resort is to maintain the banking stability and the financial system by offering protection to the individual’s deposited funds. The lender of last resort also prevents unnecessary withdraws by the banks that have temporarily limited liquidity (CentralBanksGuide.com 1).For many years, central banks have been attempting to avert great depressions by taking the role of lender of last resort at times of financial difficulties and crisis. The action of lending as the last resort offers liquidity that has a penalty rate. Through the open market operations, the central bank lowers the interest rates on all the safe assets. The process entails support from the market directly (CentralBanksGuide.com 1). The institutions that go for the lender’s assistance are basically the commercial banks. Commercial banks go for such assistance when the financial times are very difficult. the action by the commercial bank is an indication of financial difficulties. The loans are not granted to the commercial banks alone, there are other eligible financial institutions and private companies that may seek the loans. Although this can be the case, the action is sometimes is considered very risky (CentralBanksGuide.com 1).The advantages of the lender of last resort can be found in its policies that have three main objectives and the role of the central bank as a lender of last resort.
Provide a 7 pages analysis while answering the following question: Advantages and Disadvantages of t
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.