Situational Leadership II (SLII) is the most comprehensive, up-to-date, and practical method of effectively managing and developing people, time, and resources in the world. SLII provides leaders with a model and the tools for creating open communication and developing self-reliance in those they manage. It is designed to increase the frequency and quality of conversations about performance and development. As a result, competence is developed, commitment is gained, and talented individuals are retained. SLII is recognized as both a business language and a framework for employee development because it works across cultural, linguistic, and geographical barriers. The foundation lies in teaching leaders to diagnose the needs of an individual or a team and then use the appropriate leadership style to respond to the needs of the person and the situation.For this forum, review the figure 5.2 in the Dugan text. There are four specific leader styles aligned on the chart. They are directing, coaching, supporting and delegating. These are leader styles. There are also the follower’s developmental levels described as D1 – D4. There is a direct relationship between the follower’s level of competence and the leader’s style. For each developmental level there is an appropriate style of leadership that should be adopted (i.e. a style that depends on the situation).Select one of the four leadership styles. Choose a specific follower development level (D1 – D4) and give an example of how this leadership style and developmental level would work in real life. In other words, create a “situation” that needs to be led and explain this concept in your forum. Instructions: Your initial post should be at least 250 words. Please respond to at least two other students. Directing (S1): Highly directive behavior coupled with lower levels of supportive behaviors; provision of clear instructions about what needs to be done and how to do it; highly structured with regular feedback and monitoring of progress.Coaching (S2): Both highly directive and supportive; clear structure and direction along with a strong investment in the individual; begins to engage the follower as an active contributor to the process as well as in decision making.Supporting (S3): Lower levels of directive behaviors coupled with highly supportive behaviors; shared decision making; role becomes that of facilitator to support followers, using their knowledge and skills to accomplish goals.Delegating (S4): Lower levels of both directive and supportive behaviors; locus of control shifts to the follower for decision making and task direction; focus on monitoring and offering support and growth opportunities. The leader’s style should progress over time from directing thD1 – Enthusiastic beginnerD2- Disillusioned learnerD3 – Capable but cautious contributorD4 – Self-reliant Achiever
Situational Leadership II (SLII) is the most comprehensive, up-to-date, and practical method of effe
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.