This is a 2 step assignment: Step 1: Use the EPA’s Carbon Footprint Calculator at https://www3.epa.gov/carbon-footprint-calculator/(Links to an external site.) to calculate your own, personal carbon footprint. Find out exactly how much YOU, personally, are contributing to the global climate crisis. ( please use 33178 as zip code and 4 household members) What to submit: In a short (150-300 word) essay: discuss 3 ways in which your carbon footprint is higher than you expected and, for each, come up with a realistic (one that’s actually feasible for you to do, starting today) plan for reducing your footprint. Step 2: Unfortunately, reducing our future footprints is only part of the equation. We also need to remove the carbon we’ve already released in to the atmosphere. We can do this through “carbon offsetting”. Watch the video below for information on how carbon offsetting works, why it’s necessary and its fall backs (nothing is perfect, but perfection should not be the enemy of the good). Then, visit https://www.carbonfootprint.com/carbonoffsetprojects.html(Links to an external site.) and identify one project you’d be willing to support now or in the future. Scroll to the bottom of the website, and enter the information from your carbon footprint calculated in Step 1, convert your answer from step 1 (which is in lbs) to US tons by dividing by 2000. The site will calculate how much it would cost to offset enough of your carbon footprint to become carbon-neutral (no net emissions of carbon in to the atmosphere). Note: when you click ‘get prices’ the projects are grouped in to regional projects so your chosen project may be put in to one of those categories (click the titles to explore further). You are not actually sending money or resources in this exercise. This just provides an example of how carbon offsetting would work in a residential framework. Example of a carbon offset policy: FIU’s Earth and Environment Department has committed to offsetting all official department air travel related carbon emissions by paying for carbon offsets through Native Energy https://nativeenergy.com/(Links to an external site.) . What to submit: After your step 1 essay, add another 150-300 words discuss which project you chose, why you chose it, and how much it would cost for you, per year, to offset enough of your carbon footprint to live a carbon-neutral lifestyle. In one final sentence, commit to what you are personally willing and able to do, starting today, to achieve that goal. Hot tip: saying you’re not willing/able to do anything would not be considered a right answer. Video to watch:Carbon Offsetting – Funding Solutions to Climate Change(Links to an external site.)
This is a 2 step assignment: Step 1: Use the EPA’s Carbon Footprint Calculator at https://www3.epa.
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.