Too often, statistics are used to ‘prove’ some point or to persuade an audience to some particular point of view, without really being accurate, complete, or honest. This issue has been the subject of numerous texts. You may be interested in reading such titles as: Damned Lies and Statistics, or How to Lie with Statistics. To fulfill this discussion board activity, complete the following:Research one example where data analysis might have been misused or misapplied. Read about the example thoroughly so that you understand how analytics was used, and why it was problematic.Share your chosen example with the class, documenting your source. Be sure to summarize the scenario thoroughly for the class.Explain why use of analytics contributed to the problem.Discuss the consequences of the matter. Did the company/organization involved suffer any adverse consequences? If so, were the related to public opinion/trust, were they financial, were they punitive, etc.?Respond to at least two of your peers, sharing reactions and recommendations for avoiding the misuse or abuse of statistics.
Too often, statistics are used to ‘prove’ some point or to persuade an audience to some particular p
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.