Write 1 page with APA style on Reflection about the yellow wallpaper story. Reflection about the Yellow Wallpaper Story affiliation: Reflection The yellow wallpaper is a story of a disheartening life of a lady who suffers from nervous depression. The short story is a piece of literature written by Charlotte Perkins Gilman, who underwent the same experiences as the story records. The story can therefore appear to reflect the author’s personal life experiences. The piece of literature contains a series of situations that carry along very deep massages a lesson about life. This paper is a detailed reflection of the work of literature.The narrator of the story who is an unnamed lady had given birth to a child. The woman is suffering from a condition of nervous depression that significantly affects her social life. When she comes back to the mansion that her husband had bought, she feels that there was something queer about the mansion, which had for so long had no occupants. Her husband who is her doctor confines her in a room upstairs because as he said the treatment the woman required that she engaged in no activity and particularly forbid her from writing and working. All this was done so she could achieve mental wellbeing.Separated from any form of intellectual stimulation and only her journal the woman starts a descent into obsession. The woman gets into a kind of fixation with the yellow wallpaper on the wall, this happens to be the only visual stimulation present within the room and around her confinement. Due to the isolation, the woman begins to perceive that there was another woman attempting to break free who was creeping in the room behind the wallpaper. In a bid to rescue the imprisoned woman, the narrator tears down pieces of the wallpaper to set her free.This story reflects the social norms present in the 19th century where the feminine gender was expected to fulfill duties of being mothers and wives and be content with the dominion of men over them. Women were consequently doomed to spend solely their lives in domestic spheres. Although John can be seen the dominant villain of the story. he is just but a reflection of the society that pushed women to the lowest society level when they tried to enter the masculine reamReferencesGilman, C. & Bauer, D. (1998). The yellow wallpaper. Boston: Bedford Books.
Write 1 page with APA style on Reflection about the yellow wallpaper story. Reflection about the Yel
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.