Write 13 pages thesis on the topic how has the zapatista army of national liberation contributed to democracy in mexico. They started out as a small group of progressive Indians which eventually grew into thousands. They organized themselves in the jungle, away from the prying eyes of the government and its ruthless military. The EZLN’s history did not happen overnight. It was the product of careful and clandestine planning and organizing. “We did that for many years, and we did it in secret, without making a stir. . In other words, we joined forces in silence.3” After ten years of organizing and training in the jungles of Chiapas, The Ejercito Zapatista de Liberacion or EZLN was born, otherwise known as the Zapatista Army of National Liberation. They took the name of Emiliano Zapata, a Mexican Revolution hero who championed land reform in Mexico and is also celebrated as the champion of the indigenous people in Southern Mexico.4 EZLN is a revolutionary group that adheres to the ideals of non-violence. Throughout their history, the only instance of violence on record is the 12 days of armed fighting following the January 1, 1994 takeover of four municipalities in Chiapas, namely, San Cristobal de las Casas, las Margaritas, Altamiro, and Ocosingo.5 Almost apologetic to the affected citizens and civilians, they put great emphasis on their declaration that the armed struggle was a measure of last resort because their previous nonviolent actions received little to no government attention and response.6 After 12 days of armed fighting and bloodshed on both sides, the Mexican government and the Zapatista entered into a ceasefire to make way for a peace process. Since then, the EZLN have successfully continued on the fight without shedding blood, combatant or civilians although they have continued with their member’s training in the handling of weapons and arsenals. Nevertheless, the Zapatista is still a military movement. Oxymoron as it may sound, but the Zapatista is an armed movement that carries its struggle in nonviolent ways.7 In the very same way that the EZLN seem to contradict itself on its position on the issues of violence and rebellion, their ideology is also a subject of debate. This confusion is brought by the lack of a categorical statement from the Zapatistas themselves as to their specific ideology. Their enumeration of goals and demands which could be identified with the ideals and ends sought by groups from both ends, including those in between of the political spectrum does little to no help either. In their various declarations, they merely refer to themselves as the “simple and humble” “Zapatistas of the EZLN.”8 On the one hand, there are some who observes that the EZLN rose out of the ranks of the leftist movements that espouse Marxist-Leninist ideals. It is argued that their demands enumerated in the First Declaration of the Lancandon Jungle are in accord with the leftist sentiments.
Write 13 pages thesis on the topic how has the zapatista army of national liberation contributed to
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.